Property law and you
Are you buying or selling a house? Thinking of ways to protect your property and other investments? If so, you will want to have proper safeguards in place. After all, dealing with property is likely to involve the biggest financial transactions you will ever make.
Members of the Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society have made a commitment to keep up to date with the frequent changes in the law and to give you a truly professional service.
More than a house
A Property Law Section lawyer can help you with more than just buying or selling a house. Your property includes:
- your house
- your business
- your bank accounts
- your investments
- everything else you own
We can help you
We can help you and your family:
- buy and sell your property
- complete loan arrangements with your bank and other lenders
- form a company for your business
- form a family trust and put all or part of your property into it
- complete a will giving your property to your family or others when you die
- complete powers of attorney allowing others to deal with your property when you are overseas or are ill
- deal with your property in the event of your death.
If you are planning a property sale or purchase do the right thing - see a lawyer before you sign any documents.
The New Zealand Law Society produces information pamphlets as part of its Law Awareness programme to inform you of your legal rights, the law and how lawyers can help you. The NZLS pamphlet on buying or selling property can be downloaded here. Other pamplets are available on the NZLS website.