Welcome to the Property Law Section
The Property Law Section is part of the New Zealand Law Society and aims to assist the public and support the profession in property law matters.
For the public
The Property Law Section offers guidance on what is involved in property law and information about some of the potential problems. We have explained some common terms and answered some frequently-asked questions, as well as provided some useful links. You can also Find a Property Lawyer near you.
- See more information on buying and selling a property.
- See more information about making a will and estate administration.
- See information on resolving disputes with your neighbour.
- See information on family trusts here.
- Finally, see the Law Society’s information on powers of attorney here and further information here.
For property law practitioners
Membership of the Property Law Section gives access to guidelines and other resources on this website, a copy of our quarterly publication The Property Lawyer and the opportunity to participate in and benefit from the work of the section technical committees. Join the section here.
Access to some property law information, including the Property Transactions and E-dealing Practice Guidelines, is available to lawyers and associate members of the Law Society.
We welcome inquiries and suggestions about the section and the website - contact Jennifer Chowaniec, the Section Manager.